Electronic Corrosion Engineer (ECE®)
Intetech’s ECE program is a tool for the quantitative estimation of corrosion rates and the selection of materials for oil and gas production systems and processing facilities.
The software is available as a stand-alone PC version for single users or a server-based system for multiple users.
The latest version, ECE-5, incorporates significant improvements, including
- Updated corrosion models based on field calibration studies for flowlines and for downhole tubing
- Updated materials information
- Updated materials selection rules for corrosion-resistant alloys
- A wider choice of graphs to aid understanding and analysis of the modelling results
- Improved reporting and printing capabilities with a wider range of output options for numerical and graphical results
- Calculation of flowline temperature profiles
- Upper and lower tubing strings with different dimensions for tapered strings
- An improved flow regime modelling for tubing and flowline situations
- Increased ranges for many input parameters
- A new-look format compatible with the latest Windows operating systems, including Windows 7.
ECE-5 is fully supported. Licensees receive regular updates, including further functionality improvements and new materials data, and have the benefit of expert technical support.
- Corrosion rate predictor for carbon steel in sweet and sour conditions that considers different options for corrosion control
- Risk prediction tools that evaluate the risk of carbon steel failure
- Corrosion-resistant alloy evaluators that select the most suitable alloys for the specified environmental conditions and automatically take into account the risks of corrosion, pitting and stress-corrosion cracking
- Life-cycle cost calculators that evaluate the economics of carbon steel and corrosion-resistant-alloys option based on net present value, so that material cost comparisons can be made
- An alloy-tubing and pipe manufacturer database
- Corrosion-rate prediction for sweet- and sour-service conditions based on the fundamental chemistry of the solubility of the corrosion products
- Corrosion evaluation incorporates critical factors such as oil API gravity, water cut, flow rates and angle of flow
- Calculated outputs for multiple positions along a flowline or up a tubing string
- Instant output updates, for example, corrosion-rate profiles, with changes in input parameters
- Carbon steel failure risk evaluation considering both generalised and pitting corrosion risks
- Quantitative evaluation of corrosion-resistant-alloy suitability for a matrix of conditions that covers temperature, partial pressure of carbon dioxide and hydrogen sulphide, chloride content and pH
- Life-cycle cost analysis that takes into account fabrication speed, pipelaying method and means of corrosion control
- Help files with technical background and references
Get the Trial version of ECE 5.0.1 Professional Edition
Existing ECE-5 Users
ECE 5 Licensees are entitled to upgrade to the current version without charge. For further information Contact us
The current single user version is ECE 5.0.1 Professional Edition
Contact us for more information on ECE-5